Please enter your name:
1. A network is two or more computers connected to each other so they can share resources.
2. A __________ connects computers over long distances via telephone lines or satellite links.
3. A __________ is the standard or set of rules that two computers use to communicate with each other.
4. T1 Line is a high-speed digital connection capable of transmitting data at a rate of approximately __________.
1.5 million bits per second
1.5 million baud
5. A T3 Line is equal to about 672 regular voice-grade telephone lines; enough to transmit full-motion real-time video over a network.
6. __________ is a communications protocol that allows you to connect your computer to the Internet using a standard telephone line.
7. Encryption is a way of reducing the size of a file, or files, so that they don't take up a lot of space and can travel faster over a network.
8. A __________ is a connector on the computer to which peripheral devices are attached.
9. A node is any computer directly connected to a network that acts as a repository for services available for other computers on the network.
10. A __________ is a computer that handles requests for data, electronic mail, file transfers, and other network services from other computers.
Your Quiz Score is
This script sets up a quiz about the Internet and then tallies your score.